GENERAL INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES FOR USE OF MUSEUM MEETING ROOM
The Museum Meeting Room, located at 929 15th Street, is open to the public and is available for parties, business events, rehearsal dinners or various other meetings. The Meeting Room has convenient access near the north entrance parking lot. Parking is also available on 15th street at the south entrance.
- Seating Capacity: The Museum Meeting room seats approximately 80 people
- Meeting Room rental includes the use of eight tables, fifty chairs and kitchenette (microwave oven and refrigerator.)
- An additional 30 chairs are available for seating upon request.
- A sound system, podium, and TV/DVD player are available on request.
- Tables and chairs are not to be removed from the Meeting Room.
- The renter will be responsible for setting up and taking down all tables and chairs.
Meeting Room Reservation, Rental Fee, Damage Deposit Policy
1. Reservations for use of the Meeting Room shall be made on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- A $25.00 damage deposit is due at time of reservation. The event will be scheduled when this fee is paid. Following the event, upon inspection and approval of room condition, the complete damage deposit will be returned within 14 days.
- If made 60 days or more in advance of the requested date, a verbal hold will be honored for 14 days. If the reservation deposit is not received within 14 days, the date will no longer be held.
2. Room rental fee
- Complete room rental fee is due 14 days prior to the event. See rates below:
- Usage fee during normal staffed hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00a – 4:00p, Saturday 9:00a – 3:00p)
i. 1-3 hours: $15.00 per hour
ii. More hours: $75 flat fee
Usage fee during non- staffed hours
i. 1-2 hours: $30 per hour
ii. More than 2 hours: $75.00 fee for the first 3 hours, then $12.00 per hour for each hour thereafter
iii. For a combination of staffed/non-staffed hours, each hour is billed according to the corresponding rate (i.e., an event from 1-5 p.m. on a Saturday would be billed as 2 hours x $15.00 and 2 hours x $12.00)
3. Cancellation and Refund
If reservation is cancelled:
- At least 30 days prior to reservation date: 100% refund on deposit
- 14 to 29 days prior to reservation date: 50% refund of deposit
- Less than 14 days prior to reservation date: No refund of deposit.
- In the event of cancellation due to inclement weather, serious illness or death of family member, the renter may ask Board of Directors for full reimbursement of deposit.
- Reservation refunds will be issued within 14 days.
- The Renter is hereby deemed responsible for any damage or breakage to any portion of the building or contents of the Lawrence County Museum of History and agrees to pay in full for any damage done while under rental.
- The Renter agrees to hold harmless the LCHGS, Inc. in any way, for any accident or injury which may occur to a person or persons on the premises during the rental period.
- The Renter agrees to hold harmless the LCHGS, Inc. for any items left unattended, misplaced, or unclaimed during or after the Renter’s rental period.
- The Renter shall find the premises to be in a clean, safe condition and hereby agrees to leave said premises and surrounding areas in a clean, orderly and acceptable condition.
- Food is to be brought in prepared and is not allowed in the front lobby area.
- No decorations or signs may be attached to any doors, walls or windows with tape, thumbtacks or nails.
- All decorations and garbage must be removed from the premise immediately following the event.
- No smoking or alcoholic beverages allowed anywhere in the museum building.
- An adult must supervise children at all times.
Rates and Policy Changes
Policies and rates are subject to change upon approval by the Lawrence County Historical & Genealogical Society, Inc. Board of Directors. The Board reserves the right to refuse rental of the Meeting Room. Signature herewith provides that the renter understands and agrees to the provisions outlined for use of the Meeting Room.
Signature of Renter________________________________________________________________
Museum Representative ____________________________________________________________
For availability and details to reserve the Meeting Room, contact:
- Email Greg Nikirk or call (812) 278-8575