GUIDELINES FOR USE OF MUSEUM MEETING ROOM
The Museum Meeting Room, located at 929 15th Street, is open to the public and is available for parties, business events, rehearsal dinners or various other meetings. The Meeting Room has convenient access near the north entrance parking lot. Parking is also available on 15th street at the south entrance.
Seating Capacity: The Museum Meeting room seats approximately 50 people with tables and chairs. Approximately 80 people with fewer chairs.
Meeting Room Reservation, Rental Fee, Damage Deposit Policy
1. Reservations for use of the Meeting Room shall be made on a first-come, first-serve basis.
2. If made 60 days or more in advance of the requested date, a verbal hold will be honored for 14
days. If the reservation deposit is not received within 14 days, the date will no longer be held.
3. An actual room reservation is made when the $25.00 damage deposit and the rental fee is paid in full.
4. Room rental is as follows: Must include set-up and teardown time.
a. During normal staffed hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00a – 4:00p, Saturday 9:00a – 3:00p)
- 1-3 hours: $15.00 per hour
- More hours: $75 flat fee
b. During non-staffed hours
- 1-2 hours: $30 per hour
- More than 2 hours: $15.00 per hour for each hour thereafter.
- For a combination of staffed/non-staffed hours, each hour is billed according to the corresponding rate (i.e., an event from 1-5 p.m. on a Saturday would be billed as 2 hours x $15.00 and 2 hours x $30.00 for a total cost of $90)
5. Upon inspection and approval of room following event, complete damage deposit will be returned within 14 days.
Cancellation and Refund
1. If reservation is cancelled:
a. At least 30 days prior to reservation date: 100% refund of deposit and rental fee
b. 14 to 29 days prior to reservation date: 50% refund of deposit and 100% rental fee.
c. Less than 14 days prior to reservation date: No refund of deposit and 100% refund of rental fee.
2. In the event of cancellation due to inclement weather, serious illness or death of family member,
the renter may ask Board of Directors for full reimbursement of deposit and rental fee.
3. Reservation refund will be issued within 14 days.
1. Meeting Room rental/useincludes the use of podium, eight tables, fifty chairs and kitchenette
(microwave oven and refrigerator.)
2. A sound system, TV/DVD player, projector and screen are available on request for a $25.00 additional cost. If a laptop is required, it must be provided by the Renter/User.
3. Additional chairs are available, with advanced noticefor seating upon request. Max. of 10
4. Tables and chairs are not to be removed from the Meeting Room.
1. The Renter/Userwill be responsible for setting up and taking down all tables and chairs.
2. The Renter/Useris hereby deemed responsible for any damage or breakage to any portion of the
building or contents of the Lawrence County Historical & Genealogical Society, Inc. (LCHGS) and
agrees to pay in full for any damage done while under rental.
3. The Renter/Useragrees to hold harmless the LCHGS, Inc. in any way, for any accident or injury
which may occur to a person or persons on the premises during the rental period.
4. The Renter /Useragrees to hold harmless the LCHGS, Inc. for any items left unattended,
misplaced, or unclaimed during or after the Renter’s/User'srental period.
5. The Renter/Usershall find the premises to be in a clean, safe condition and hereby agrees to
leave said premises and surrounding areas in a clean, orderly and acceptable condition.
6. Food is to be brought in prepared and is not allowed in the Gallery orfront lobby area.
7. No decorations or signs may be attached to any doors, walls or windows with tape, thumbtacks or nails. No candles are allowed except where used on a cake.
8. All decorations and garbage must be removed from the premises immediately following the event.
9. No smoking or alcoholic beverages allowed anywhere in the museum building.
10. An adult must supervise children at all times.
Rates and Policy Changes:
Policies and rates are subject to change upon approval by the Lawrence County Historical & Genealogical Society, Inc. Board of Directors. The Board reserves the right to refuse rental of the Meeting Room. Signature herewith provides that the Renter/Userunderstands and agrees to the provisions outlined for use of the Meeting Room.
Name of Organization Date and Time of Rental
Printed Name of Renter Purpose
Address of Renter (Street, City, State, Zip)
Email of Renter Phone Number of Renter
Will a Caterer Be Used __________ Who _________________________ Phone ______________
Time Caterer is doing meal set-up ________________________
Caterer is required to contact the Museum for Set-up @ 812-278-8575
Requested Extra Systems: Sound System ______ Projector/Screen ______
TV/DVD player _________ ($25.00)
Number of Persons attending this event _______________
Hours of Rental/Use ________________________ Staffed/Non-Staffed ___________________
Total Due _______________ Total Paid _______________ Date Paid ______________________
$25.00 Deposit & Rental Fee received by___________________________ Date _______________
Bank Name _______________________________ Cash/Check No.___________________
Signature of Renter/User Date
Museum Representative Date
For availability and details to reserve the Meeting Room, contact:
- Email Glenda Reynolds or call (812) 278-8575
Note: If you have difficulty printing this form from the website, contact Glenda Reynolds to have the form sent by email.