Exhibits and collections at the Lawrence County Museum of History are dedicated to engage, inspire, inform, entertain and preserve objects of lasting interest for future generations to enjoy.
The World of Discovery is a free hands-on Saturday afternoon ( 2-5 p.m.) program for children ages 4 to 12. It is a fun-filled children’s program sponsored by Duke Energy and the Lawrence County History Museum. Every week is a little different, so you’ll want to come often! The director is Penny May.
Current and Upcoming Events
- March 10: Emily Engstrom, Mapping Our Memories: 7 p.m.—second Monday of the month. (The speaker program begins after the 6:30 business meeting.)
- Love is in the air—Exquisite valentines from the Myrtle Bixler McKeever collection are currently on display in the first-floor gallery.
- Gallery front window exhibit: An historic home scene made available through the generosity of Marge Pennington.
- Take me out to the ball game. First-floor gallery has an exhibit on Bedford's big league baseball players: Yank Terry and Bill Rariden.
- The Home Town Heroes Exhibit is located in the Community room on the second floor of the museum. Currently, it features Astronaut Ken Bowersox.
At Your Service