Brain Games XII (May 2013)
The annual competition is the major fundraising activity for the Lawrence County Museum of History.
And the winner is … Bedford Laser Wash
Bedford Laser Wash cleaned up Thursday night at Little Theatre of Bedford, defeating Sallee and Company, 120-60, in the championship game of Brain Games XII. Team members Dennis Martin (Capt), Dennis Whitaker, Joe Voris, Chelsea Jensen, Terry Tlustek, Dennis Massengil (alternate) —all are Bedford North Lawrence teachers, and they planned to wear the championship medals at school the next day.
NOTE: Click on the thumbnail image to see the enlarged photo in the main screen.
Volunteers, sponsors key to Brain Games
The Lawrence County Museum of History would like to thank the following persons who made our 12th annual Brain Games a big success:
First of all, thank you to our sponsors, who made it all possible:
- Bedford Ford Lincoln Roush
- Bedford Laser Wash
- Cosner’s Gun & Knife Shop
- Day & Carter Mortuary
- Bedford Evening Lions Club
- Family Dental Centre
- Ferguson-Lee Funeral Home
- Flinn Farms
- Friends of the Museum
- GM Powertrain
- Greg Taylor and Keach & Grove Real Estate
- History Buffs
- Hoosier Hills Credit Union
- IU Health Bedford
- Inklings Bookstore/Skyhaven Entertainment
- Jason Jackson – Edward Jones
- Jeff Routh/Linda Gilliatt
- JKI Engineering
- Judy Macy State Farm Insurance
- Lehigh Cement
- Lineal Contracting
- Little Theatre of Bedford
- Orleans Chamber of Commerce
- Pynco (two teams)
- Rotary Club of Bedford
- Sallee & Company
- Southern Indiana Center for Independent :Living
- Steele & Steele
- Tri-County Builders
- Whitney Tool
We would like to especially thank Pynco for donating the prize money to be awarded to the Brain Games XII champion and runner-up teams and the Little Theatre of Bedford for allowing us the use of their beautiful facilities.
To all of our brave and wonderful Brain Games players, I would like to say, you are all winners to us! Thank you so much for your support of our Lawrence County Museum.
I would also like to recognize our corps of incredible, dedicated volunteers for their help in making this event possible:
- Mary Lou Thompson, our tireless chairperson,
- Joe Timbrook, our brilliant and indefatigable master of ceremonies
- Terry Kirkman, who served as timekeeper
- Jim Buher, who kept things in order backstage
- Glenda Reynolds and Lowell Dawson, who wrote the questions
- Larry King, our tech guy
- Joyce Shepherd, who kept the bracket board in the lobby up to date
- Reba Butler, Janet King, Kenny White, Euretta Griggs, Greg Nikirk, Phil Mitchell, Jessie Day, Jeff Routh, Marge Phillips, Ray Lindsey and Jenny Purcell for their many contributions. Thank you all for another great Brain Games season!
Rowena Cross-Najafi, President
Thirteen years of Brain Games Champions:
- 2014: Little Theatre of Bedford
- 2013: Bedford Laser Wash
- 2012: Ferguson-Lee Funeral Home "Ann Margret"
- 2011: Little Theatre of Bedford
- 2010: Ferguson-Lee Funeral Home "Ann-Margret"
- 2009: Tri County Builders
- 2008: Ferguson-Lee Funeral Home "Ann-Margret"
- 2007: Ferguson-Lee Funeral Home "Ann-Margret"
- 2006: GM Powertrain's "GM Powerbrain"
- 2005: Little Theatre of Bedford
- 2004: Stone City Products
- 2003: Stone City Products
- 2002: Ferguson-Lee Funeral Home
Click to return to the Photo Album index page.
Click to return to the Fundraising Activities page.